Your last meal on the planet…

france-july-08-046

A comment from Grassroots Gourmet really got me thinking this morning. She wrote that Anthony Bourdain once stated that if he were on Death Row and had to choose his last meal, it would be Osso Bucco. That made me wonder: what would I choose as the last meal of my life? I’m still struggling to find the answer. Fresh sashimi and creamy Veneto cheese clash a bit. I’ll have to come up with a last-meal-menu from one cuisine type and one only.
While I’m pondering what that will comprise, how about telling me what YOU would feast on as your last meal on the planet? I’m intrigued to hear what you all love to eat.

1. S. Le says:

That looks awfully good. I’d choose some sort of pasta I’m sure.

Perhaps the “endless” buffet would be the wisest choice. Then you would never walk the 13 steps or what ever they call the dead-man-walking bit, ’cause the meal would never end! Think about it!

You win the prize for being the first to respond to this challenge. I’m with you: a buffet takes care of the choice issue.

For my last meal, I’d just want to pig out on my own home made Galliano flavoured ice cream.

Razz, you CANNOT mention something so wonderful without sharing the secret recipe!

Oh yes I can. It’s soooo delicious that I’m sure I can make some money with it.

If we ever meet up, I’ll make you some.

Oooh yes, that sounds good to me! A recipe with market value. I’ve never made ice cream before so hats off to you, Razz and now you’ve added one more incentive to the Must Meet Razz Because… list. Galliano Ice Cream, otherwise known as ‘John’. (Hope you get my sense of humour. It warped rather badly today.)

I’ve just made some mango and lime sorbet for tonight’s dessert.

It is also delicious and very easy to make. I’ll be putting up the recipe on my blog in a day or so.

Razz – that sounds wonderful – very refreshing. I look forward to seeing it on your blog! Hope you’re enjoying the Santa-on-his-surfboard-season downunder. Even after many years in the UK, I still find it odd to be in the cold for Christmas! I keep remembering Xmas day picnics on the beach. Ah, those were the days…

I’ve put the recipe up.

We had a very nice Christmas. Luckily it wasn’t too hot on the day.

for the main meal I made a slow roasted lamb dish in passata with kalamata olives and flavoured with fresh (from our garden) rosemary and oregano for the main meal.

I hope you also had a good Christmas and are feeling better.

7. My last meal would probably be shwarma from an israeli street vendor in tel aviv. with fresh hummus and israeli salad…

oh god.

thanks for linking me by the way!

8. Happy New Year Epic!

A last meal, eh? It would have to be totally decadent!

Nice Belgian fresh bread (the bread sucks around here!) and foie-gras. Scrambled eggs with shaved fresh truffle. A lobster shooter. My mom’s lemon dessert or her chocolate ice-cream.

I could see myself in a remake of “The Grande Bouffe”: If I have to die anyway, I may as well eat to death. 🙂