Excuse me

I’m afraid I have to take a short break from posting. We’re moving offices and I’m one of the team in charge, so that means I’ll be at work all through the weekend and then some. Forgive me. If I had my way, I would be posting every day. In the meantime I have to go to bed because the alarm is set for early tomorrow. Meanwhile, Monsieur is out on the razz with his best mates. I only hope they don’t have TOO much fun!

Have a good “moving experience”. hee hee

note: “Osso Buco” is that like Oingo Boingo?

Thanks so much PR. In fact, I have a nasty cold, bad cough, ulcerated throat (just looked) and have been working non-stop throughout illness to get this move done. Don’t buy me a saint’s medal though, cos right now I’m hungry, tired, achy and fit to kill, and it ain’t over yet.
    If you read about Woman Gone Mad in Hammersmith, you’ll know it was me. At least you can blog about knowing me before I went completely bonkers!!

PR sorry forgot to reply to the bit about Oingo Boingo – I had their LP many years ago… Loved that band. Are they still going?

Actually, I think I only the knew the band’s name, not the music. BUT googling it … I must have heard the theme song to “Weird Science”. Danny Elfman was one of the members; I have learned something today.

I liked Just Another Day, although from memory it was a bit dracula-ish and macabre…
      I also remember that wonderful (ahem) film called Weird Science… Carrie would like this discussion ‘cos I bet she remembers it, too…

Have fun moving.

You can get even with your bosses by infecting every one else with your cold.

Thanks Razz, I think I already have infected everyone. Good. Still coughing like a trooper… just to annoy the hell out of everyone who’s annoying the hell out of me right now. That would be most of my colleagues, but definitely does not include you. Safety with me exists only at a distance right now…

Hey! You still standin’?? It’s almost the weekend. 12 inches of snow are standing in our way, however. Predicted for Friday. Have you infected all the executives, yet?

Hi Pat, yep, still standing but finally having a day off tomorrow. I managed 11 straight but not sure how, and I’ve lost 7 pounds in 2 months, largely because of the physical effort involved. I heard about the snow forecast. That should make for some beautiful photos, I hope! In the meantime, my nasty cough is satisfyingly irritating and I suspect my super germs are festering inside their unknowing hosts as we write! Off for Christmas with The Epic ‘Rentals this weekend. Back to work Mon-Wed then more Christmas antics with Monsieur’s family. Can’t wait for a long, long, long sleep. I feel rather Rip Van Winkel-ish.

7. Bonnie Luria says:

Why everything has to come at the end of the year crush is a mystery.
    Well, get it all over with I say, and find some chicken soup. Osso Bucco can come later.
    Happy Holidays Epic.

Hi Bonnie, thanks for your comment and sorry if I’m late in replying – haven’t logged on for a while. Following full-on work weeks (and weeks) I’m now at home sick, just in time for Christmas. Haven’t had chicken soup, but did make a fantastic spaghetti carbonara today from a Ruth Reichl recipe… Thank heavens for simple home fare to get rid of the germs. I hope you have a wonderful holiday, too. I certainly envy you your blue, blue skies right now! xx