Epic’s three for three London meme

This week I’ve been the lucky recipient of two meme requests for the same meme, so I’m going to kill two bloggers (not literally) with one stone and post my meme answer for both here.

Firstly, the meme requests came from Rax Lakhani of the blog raxraxrax and Michal of The Polski Blog.

The meme asks for three answers to each of three questions. Here goes.

1. Name your top three non-work websites.

Hmmm. Only three? That’s tough. In the interests of being fair to all the amazing blogs I read, I decided to restrict this to non-work and non-individual blog websites.

For TRAVEL I log on to Travelblog. This is where travel enthusiasts post about their trips as they happen. It’s great for travel planning because you can read about the real experiences of real people in real places, not just hyped-up travel journalism fuelled by freebie junkets.

For FOOD I’m currently reading the Britain’s Best Dish page at ITV.com. This is a great source of real recipes cooked by real people. I think you can probably tell that I’m quite into REAL.

For a GIGGLE I check out The Darwin Awards site. It never ceases to amaze me how people can meet the grim reaper in such incredibly stupid ways. I remember one tale about a parcel bomber who had to put a return address on his parcel bomb in order for the post office to accept it. The parcel was unable to be delivered, so it was returned to him. He didn’t recognise his own handiwork, opened the box and BOOM! I think you can guess the rest. What a doof.

2. Name your top three karaoke songs.

Well, karaoke + Epicurienne = not so pretty. I do recall singing California Dreaming at karaoke once. I think that was when Take That were still together. Then I had a flatmate with a karaoke machine, so I was forced into singing a bit more often at that time. If I have to sing something, then I quite like ABC’s The Look of Love and Don McLean’s American Pie (NOT the Madonna version. That was a mistake. Mind you, I’m sure mine is far, far worse.)

3. Name your top three weekend cocktails.

Why WEEKEND cocktails? I don’t drink cocktails that often, but if it happens to be a Tuesday evening and you pour me a great cocktail, I’m hardly going to say no. That would be rude. And silly.

The Epicurienne would have to be number one. How many people can say they have their own, bespoke cocktail? Thanks to Smirnoff, quite a few of the London Bloggers’ Meetup Group can… and I’m one of them. It’s basically a Smirnoff mule (Smirnoff red + gingerale) shaken with pineapple juice, chambord and strawberries. Deeeelish.

I absolutely cannot refuse a Mississippi Mudslide – tastes like an alcoholic chocolate shake, comprising a naughty blend of kahlua, baileys and (if you really want a kick) vodka, all blended with ice. I also love lemon martinis made with limoncello.

So that’s my three for three.

Now I have to name three more unsuspecting folk to carry on the three for three. I’m asking:

1. The Free Alcohol Blogger, who should know a thing or two about cocktails,
  2. Marketing Blagger, whom I know for certain enjoys cocktails, but can he hold a tune? Let’s find out.
  3. The Adventure Quester, who’s bound to come up with something we haven’t thought of yet.

Ok, between your three favorite cocktails and Razz’s three wines coming to dinner, I’m feeling a bit whoozy. Nicely whoozy, you understand, but my cheeks are flushed as opposed to spotted which applies to your previous post.

Pat, I think the trick is not to drink them all at once! I need an emoticon here, but because you don’t like them, I’ll refrain.

3. Rax says:

In Don McLean’s voice:

So my-my, miss Epicurienne.
    Drove your chevy from Down Under,
    and now you’re a European.
    And you were blogging about the French way back when
    Singin’, “Je suis une londinienne.”
    “moi, je suis une londinienne!”

Rax, you’re TOO TOO much!
    Hysterical. Thanks for the laugh. I have a funny feeling I know what my Ally McBeal theme song of the day will be today.

5. Andy Bargery says:

OK, wow, so, it’s only taken me a month to respond to the 3 for 3 meme, but here goes:

1. Name your top three non-work websites.
    The Beeb. What a fantastic site, you gotta love it for staying in touch with the world.

Beerintheevening.com – enough said

And sorry, the last is any travel site – a great distraction when you need to escape from the corporate world.

2. Name your top three karaoke songs.

As with you Epic, Karaoke and me don’t tend mix too well. But I can say after a few beers I’ve been known to take the stage, but only very rarely. The only song I can really remember singing is Kung Fu Fighting and not very well I can tell you.

3. Name your top three weekend cocktails.

This is the easy part. I’d say Mojito, Long Island Ice Tea are up there and potentially a long vodka. Hmm, but there are just so many to choose from, I could write a whole essay on this. Of course, the Royal Mule that the wonderful mixologists from Smirnoff designed just for me would definitely have to be up there too!!

Bottoms up

Andy
    aka Marketing Blagger

Andy – thanks for doing this. You’re the only one to respond so far. Free Alcohol is in the States on hols (I’ll nag her when she’s back) and The Adventure Quester is missing in action, about to be nagged.
    I’m giggling thinking of a cocktail-fuelled rendition of Kung Fu Fighting! FU-tastic!