Konnichiwa! Let’s Play Sushi Bar!

For lunch today I’m salivating all the way to the nearest Japanese restaurant with Bento. Can’t wait for their melt-in-the-mouth sashimi cut fresh by their samurai sword-wielding sushi chef. On that note, I’m getting seriously hooked on restaurant games. Here’s a demo of one doing the rounds at the moment – The Apprentice Sushi Bar. It’s not as serious as I tend to go for, but it’s addictive foodie fun and Donald Trump is there to en/discourage you every step of the way. Dig your do, Big Don.

1. Rax Lakhani says:

Hi Epic… I’m a massive fan of sushi for breakfast. Ever since the World Cup in Japan in 2002 I got used to waking up early and having Sushi whilst watching a match at the British Council’s offices in London (where I was temping at the time). Good brain food…

The game looks cool. Reminds me of something that came installed on my laptop called Diner Dash (http://www.shockwave.com/gamelanding/dinerdash.jsp) in which you play a restaurant manager who has to keep all of the punters happy by rushing around and serving them plates of steaming hot food. Kept me busy for a few hours… 😉

I guess I’m not a gamer.
    Sushi and sashimi are very nice though.

PR – anything connected with food is fine by me, including computer games. The sashimi today was good but not as good as last time I had bento. I guess I’ll just have to go back and give them another chance to feed me right!

Rax – sushi for breakfast? I’ll eat just about anything for breakfast. Most people think I’m strange. I think you just might be my kinda people for eating breakfast sushi. Yes, Diner Dash, I know the one you mean. Very similar concept.

Ok. Disclosure time. Sushi at breakfast? Oi. Of course, I have the same reaction at 6 PM, so just ignore this comment.

Pat – you either love it or you hate it and should definitely try hard not to think about the potential of ingesting a sea parasite while you’re munching on a piece of fresh fish sushi!

4. londynka says:

Love that one, loved the one with burgers, loved Diner Dash. I’m getting quite hooked on management games in general – be it restaurants, bars, shops or beauty salons.

Hi Londynka – tell me about it. I have one where you build a restaurant empire, hire and fire staff, work on menus and costs and seasonality, design the decor of the restaurant, expand (if your profits are good enough) buy and sell recipes etc. It’s addictive, especially if you love food and restaurants, like me!
      Another one is called Chocolatier and follows the cacao bean trade routes of old clipper ships. You buy and trade and build factories and manufacture etc but I’m still so hooked on Restaurant Empire that it may be a while before I move on.